- Cooking for family is sometimes a chore, but never a burden.
- Sunday cooking is a chance to cook slow, eat slow, and bring our families, even those who have passed, into the kitchen
- Some things should be constant - dinner is always at 6. That way if people are gone, when they come back, they'll know - Sunday dinner, my house, 6 pm.
- Dessert is mandatory for Sunday dinner. Seriously, when there's no dessert on Sunday, no one leaves, there's just no satisfactory transition to Monday.
- Jello is a staple (see the bullet above)
Change is challenging, but it's good to stir up the pot sometimes don't you think?
Here's the view from the street outside our building. My bedroom has a straight view of the capitol building. We have the main highway right below the bottom street of our hill. This is definitely living in Honolulu.