Ham and Veggie Frittata


Made these little nuggets of eggy goodness last night for breakfast on the go, and this morning I popped a couple in a container, supplemented with two little clementines, some herbal tea and that was breakfast. Big Spazz actually sent me an email saying the egg muffins were "super good," which is a great thing because that's what's for breakfast tomorrow too.

Ham and Veggie Frittata

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease the muffin tin with coconut oil or other "grease." Makes 12

Ingredients:
2 T grease (I used coconut oil because I have always wanted to use my coconut oil that I got from the health food store)
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 bell pepper (I used red)
3 cloves garlic
handful of broccoli slaw
handful of other green like spinach (I used collard greens taken off the stem and cut in ribbons - can't spell the french term)
tomato diced (I used tomatoes that were going mushy and they worked fine)
2 handfuls of ham or other leftover meat not found in a can
8 large eggs
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 T coconut flour (used as a binding, thickening agent)
Hawaiian salt
ground pepper

Directions:
Stir fry onions, garlic, bell pepper in coconut oil until onions are translucent. I am in love with the smell of coconut oil melting into the onions after so many months of water "frying." When almost done, add in the other greens for a flash stir. Season


I added my meat (assuming it's cooked, otherwise cook with onions), slaw and tomatoes at the end and started to mix my eggs, coconut milk, coconut flour and salt and pepper.
Pour egg mixture into veggie mixture, and pour into greased muffin tins, about 3/4 of the way up. I left it in about 25 minutes, but check after 20. 

These can be eaten straight out of the oven, cold or warmed up later in the microwave. I'm definitely not a hard core exercise person, so 2 was good with a fruit, but if you burn a lot of calories, then go for 3. 




Comments

Popular Posts