Bento Mania

I can tell it's summer because I've been showing up to work with my rubber slippers on and putting on my shoes only at the last minute.

Summer means that my "sabbatical" in Honolulu is almost over and I can get out of my tiny basement apartment kitchen, so I went to Marukai to look for inspiration. I got stuck in the dishware and bento area and spent a large chunk of time in bento envy. I also found a super cute blog called Adventures in Bentomaking written by a local girl originally from Hilo, my soon to be home base again.

These are shapes you can make with your sandwich.




These are little cups you put inside the bento box to hold things like grapes, edamame, cherry tomatoes, etc. The shaped ones could probably be used to mold rice.




These look like paper punches for scrapbooking, but they're nori punches to make little nori shapes to put on the musubi.



These are shape cutters to create animals out of your food. Playing with your food bento box style.
These cute little pencil looking things are to "draw" nori paste designs on your rice.



Last but not least, they have bento boxes. It's a good starter. When I get more expert, there are online bento supply stores like All Things For Sale and  Casa Bento.

Comments

Popular Posts