I have used the Nom Nom Paleo recipe before so I substituted coconut oil for olive oil because I like the taste better. Come to find out, Nom Nom Paleo got her original recipe from Elana's Pantry too.
I also used the golden cauliflower instead of the white only because it was all my market had. I like the color. It makes it look like fried rice.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 c. celery, diced
- 4 T coconut oil
- garlic salt to taste
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a deep skillet with a cover and saute onions until it starts to soften
- Add celery and one more T of oil if needed. Let it simmer on medium low until the vegetables get soft, but not burned.
- Put the florets in a food processor in batches and pulse until it gets to the consistency of rice.
- Add the last T of coconut oil and the raw cauliflower rice into the skillet. Mix, cover, turn the heat down a little and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Salt and serve