Recycled Tabletop Tree

I despise crafts, although I appreciate the creativity and "poet's eye" of crafters. Imagine my yearly stress when we get the boy scout Christmas party invitation and there is always a craft project assignment. I think the reason God gave us three boys was to spare me from the horror of braiding hair, nail polish and craft projects.
Gah!

It was supposed to be an "easy task." Create a recycled tabletop Christmas tree. Oh, and you get creativity points with a prize for the winner. Now I am competitive enough for my whole family, but when it comes to this, let's agree to not worry about winning. Let's just get 'er done with a minimum amount of yelling.

I went to the Etsy site for some inspiration and found tis beaut.
It's an "up cycled" felt tree using used wool sweaters that were bought from thrift stores and cut into squares and topped with a shiny green ball.

We live in Hawaii, so wool? But we did have construction paper that was starting to brown on the edges,  barbecue sticks and extra gauze from the time one of the boys had their wisdom teeth extracted. Perfect! No green ball? Oh well, we have a dried craisin.

Here is our kapakahi (crooked), recycled paper and never used gauze tree with dried craisin topper. It may not be pretty, but we got 'er done.



Comments

Popular Posts