Kurosawa Kick Ass Dressing



Akira Kurosawa is one of my all time favorite directors. His samurai movies are some of my coveted possessions, especially Seven Samurai, Dreams, Rashomon, Ran, Yojimbo. His films kick ass, so this dressing is named after him. This is a creamy wasabi caesar type of dressing - no oil, vegan, with a little bit of wasabi kick. I double batch this as my everyday dressing, but you can divide it in half.


Ingredients:
4 T chopped garlic (or shallots)
4 T raw cashew pieces
2 T tahini
2 T shiro miso 
2/3 cup  water
4 T of freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp of wasabi paste
3 pitted umeboshi (to taste)
Freshly ground black pepper 


Blend it in a blender or food processor. I have a Vitamix so itʻs a little too powerful for this job and I choose my food processor instead. With the Vitamix, it gets a little gummy and foamy.

Comments

Popular Posts