Roasted Kabocha and Green Onion Hummus


Sunday is my clean the refrigerator and cook ahead day so I had half a kabocha left over from the Mother's Day Thai yellow curry.

I sliced it as best I could (it wasn't pretty), put about 1 T. of coconut oil and roasted it in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes.

It was a little dry, I may have forgotten it for too long, so decided to make hummus with it instead. It's sweet for hummus because of the kabocha, but it's good with more fresh green onions on top.

Ingredients:
2 cups roasted kabocha (I took the skins off)
1 can chickpeas (about 1 1/2 cups if you made your own)
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
6 green onions, chopped

Put everything in a high speed blender and add water if needed to thin it a little.
Garnish with green onions, paprika and pepper.

Comments

Popular Posts