Roasted Cauliflower and Carrot with Shoyu/Lemon Walnuts


I had a partial head of cauliflower and a couple handfuls of baby carrots so I put them together so I would at least have a full pan of veggies to roast.

The walnuts were going to go on with just some lemon zest and olive oil but I was craving a little more savory flavor so I added some shoyu and lemon juice to taste and it just adds that extra oomph.

Ingredients:

Cauliflower, cut into florets
Carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
Extra virgin olive oil to lightly coat veggies
Hawaiian salt ( I used my mom's Rocking H dry rub)
Black pepper
Walnuts
Lemon zest (about 1/2 tsp)
Lemon juice to taste
Shoyu to taste

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

In the last couple minutes of oven preheat, I put the walnuts in a pan and toasted them. You could dry pan toast it on the stove. 

Toss the carrots and cauliflower with a little olive oil. I started with 2 T., tossed in a bowl to coat veggies then added maybe 1/2 T. more. Salt and pepper the veggies and lay it out on a roasting pan. 

Roast until the veggies are tender and lightly browned (about 25 minutes). Taste and season more if necessary (or just get it right the first time). 

While the veggies are roasting, I put the walnuts in a nut grinder or coarse chop them, add lemon zest, about 1 T. olive oil and shoyu and lemon to taste.

When the veggies are done, plate it, add the walnuts and enjoy. I put the extra walnuts in a container to add to salad later in the week. 


Comments

Popular Posts