Keeper Project: Hilo Bay Ken's Famous Smoked Meat
Big Spazz is famous for his smoked meat. It is what started us on this #hilobayken hash tag. Pair it with his guava jelly made from the guava trees at the Komohana Gardens house in Hilo, add onions and you have winner pupus good enough for our son's wedding.
- 10 lbs. pork butt, sliced
- 1 c. brown sugar, packed
- 2 T. black pepper
- 1 c. teriyaki sauce
- 3T. minced garlic
- Lomi the marinade above into the meat
- Put the meat into gallon Ziploc bags and marinade in the refrigerator for at least 3 days.
- Smoke it to internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Slice, vacuum seal and freeze