Pearl Barley in the Instant Pot


I use the Instant Pot whenever I can. I like the put it in and leave it aspect of the IP, even if I am just using it to prep for another dish. This is the barley I need for my mushroom barley soup. It gives more than the needed one cup, however, I am saving the barley to eat in a poke bowl instead of rice. It can also go into a Hugh Jass salad.

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cup pearl barley
  • 3 cups chicken broth (I used one can broth and 1 cup water)
  • 1 tsp. salt (only if the chicken broth is not salted)
Directions:
  1. Rinse and drain the barley. Put everything in the Instant Pot and stir.
  2. Cover, close the steam valve and set the IP to manual 25 minutes.
  3. Natural pressure release (NPR) for 15 minutes then quick release any remaining steam.

Comments

Popular Posts