Haole Brownies 9x13"

 

This is a Kamehameha Schools "staple" that is easy to make, freezable and now adjusted for the home kitchen. This recipe has been around the internet for a while, but I am not sure why I never tried it. This is easy, even easier with a stand mixer. 

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/4 c light brown sugar
  • 1 c granulated sugar
  • 1 1/4 stick butter, softened
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 2 c flour
  • 1 1/2 t. baking powder
  • 3 large eggs

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375º. Grease a 9 x 13" pan - I greased it, put parchment paper down, then greased it again.
  2. In a stand mixer or by hand add brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter. Mix until incorporated and fluffy
  3. Add salt, flour and baking powder. Mix just until incorporated.
  4. Add eggs (I only had medium eggs so I had to use 4 eggs) and again mix just until incorporated. Try not to over mix or the brownies will get dense.
  5. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until browned and done. 

I put it on for 20 minutes and the top was nicely browned but the inside was still a little wet so I turned the oven off and left the brownies in for 5 minutes, which was enough for it to continue to cook. Let it cool and cut. 

Add ins: 
I had some chopped baking mac nuts in the freezer so I added that in to the dough. I know people can also add butterscotch chips, other nuts, M&Ms. Serve with vanilla or mac nut ice cream.

Comments

Popular Posts