Instant Pot (IP) Congee with Dried Scallops

 



I was feeling a little under the weather. Not the flu. Not COVID, but a little bit of mucus, a little bit of cough, a little bit of fatigue. This congee put in the Instant Pot hit the spot and I ate it for days. I happened to have all the ingredients in my pantry without needing to go to the market, but that may be unusual. At any Don Quijote, Marukai or H Mart, look for a bag of dried scallops. I think I even found the scallops in Costco. They are individually wrapped but that is the light brown item in the picture above.

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 c. jasmine rice
  • 7 c. cold water
  • 7 dried scallops
  • sea salt to taste

Directions:

  1. Rinse rice and drain well
  2. In the instant pot, add all the ingredients
  3. Seal the Instant Pot and put it on porridge for 30 minutes. Natural pressure release for 15 minutes.
  4. If you want it thicker, you can release the pressure and turn it on sauté. Stir until it hits the thickness you want. I would suggest however, that it is actually nice as is. Know that when you store the leftovers, it will get thicker. Serve warm.

Possible add ins:

  • shoyu, smoked shoyu
  • green onions
  • shiitake chips for texture
  • shiso wakame

Comments

Popular Posts