NaPoWriMo Day 4: What This Wahine Like
she no need the new Coach bag,
she no need the chocolate Tahitian pearl
she no even like the extra wide
the one that take up half her arm.
Give her one bowl luau stew
side of day old poi
side of mac salad
rice to soak up all the salty juice.
Guarenz ballbarenz, brah
she going love you forevah.
Mililani's Luau Stew
- Season stew meat or brisket with Hawaiian salt and pepper
- Heat a heavy pot with oil (I like to use my big Guardian Ware pot because it holds heat like a champ)
- Sear the meat in the pot until you start to get the scrapings on the bottom of the pot
- Add chopped round onion until the onion is translucent
- Add enough water to just cover the meat and 2 bay leaves.
- Bring the pot to a soft boil and cook it for about 45 minutes. Taste, adjust, then
- Add frozen luau leaves (precooked) OR 2 or 3 laulau
- Let it simmer for about 30 minutes
- Right before serving, add one packet of beef stew mix and cook for another 15 minutes.