Granted it is not the most beautiful job of food styling, but trust Boy 3 who hates mushrooms - this soup is ʻono-licious. It's a combination of two "soups," but we will call it a mushroom soup although it really is a cauliflower soup with mushrooms.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- salt and pepper (be generous, keep tasting)
- 1 tsp. of Earth balance or butter
- 1 8 oz. tray white mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- green onion to garnish
|The cauliflower soup is the "cream"|
- In a pot, bring a quart (4 cups) of water, salted, to a boil
- Add the cauliflower, turn it down a little after it boils again and cover the pot
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes until it is very tender
- While the cauliflower cooks, cook the mushrooms, onion and celery in a wok with very little oil or water saute on medium heat until the onions get brown and carmelized.
- With a slotted spoon, take the soft cauliflower pieces out of the water and put into a Vitamix.
- Use the cooking water to put 1/2 as much water as the cauliflower. Just eyeball it.
- Put the creamed cauliflower back in the pot, add the pat of butter and taste and season until it's good by itself.
- Add the mushroom mixture and taste again.
- Serve soup with green onion for a nice fresh bite.