Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pinterest Project: Orange Sauce



I am guilty of "pinning" and creating Pinterest boards without even trying it, so since I have an open 3-day weekend, here's to the start of the Pinterest Project - try something, if it works it out, I'll repin it.

Orange Sauce for Pancakes


I tried a chocolate dutch baby from Pinterest, thought the recipe was suspect, "fixed" it and didn't like it. But that recipe also called for fresh strawberries that I didn't have. I did have "naked" oranges. Big Spazz used the orange zest to create triple sec so I decided to try this orange sauce from Pinterest to use with the chocolate dutch babies. The original Pinterest recipe is here.


Ingredients:
  • Fresh squeezed orange juice
  • Equal part of sugar

Directions:
  1. Juice the oranges and pour into a measuring cup
  2. In a medium pot, add the juice and the same amount of white sugar. 
  3. Heat on medium until the sugar is dissolved. It tastes great served warm over pancakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment