Pinterest Project: Orange Sauce



I am guilty of "pinning" and creating Pinterest boards without even trying it, so since I have an open 3-day weekend, here's to the start of the Pinterest Project - try something, if it works it out, I'll repin it.

Orange Sauce for Pancakes


I tried a chocolate dutch baby from Pinterest, thought the recipe was suspect, "fixed" it and didn't like it. But that recipe also called for fresh strawberries that I didn't have. I did have "naked" oranges. Big Spazz used the orange zest to create triple sec so I decided to try this orange sauce from Pinterest to use with the chocolate dutch babies. The original Pinterest recipe is here.


Ingredients:
  • Fresh squeezed orange juice
  • Equal part of sugar

Directions:
  1. Juice the oranges and pour into a measuring cup
  2. In a medium pot, add the juice and the same amount of white sugar. 
  3. Heat on medium until the sugar is dissolved. It tastes great served warm over pancakes.





Comments

Popular Posts