Cook Ahead: Roasted Grape Tomatoes


I love to roast tomatoes and use it as a "pantry" item for a meal later. I am also super lazy and I don't want to cut tomatoes, so this is a good size for me.

Place grape tomatoes in a pan. Try to use a large enough pan so that the tomatoes are flat. Smash and peel 3+ garlic cloves.

Add 2-3 Tbsp. of olive oil, hand mix, add Hawaiian salt and pepper to taste.

Put this pan in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, stir it around so it doesn't stick. If it's too dry, add some water and continue baking for another 10-20 minutes until the skins get puckery and liquid is released into the pan.

Eat this as is, add it to one pot pasta or cod stew (or any other recipe that calls for a can of diced or stewed tomatoes). I just think it adds a better taste than raw tomatoes.




Comments

Popular Posts