It is soooo muggy in Hawaiʻi with three tropical storms in three weeks coming in just close enough to kill our trade winds and bring the humidity way up, but somewhere in the near future, fall is coming, so think coooool weather.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 T. butter
- 1 thick slice bacon cut up
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can whole kernal corn, drained
- 1 can cream corn (optioal)
- 1 box chicken broth
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1/3 cup flour
- In a pot, melt butter, fry bacon and onion until onions are soft
- Add broth and potatoes and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and oook until potatoes are tender (about 10 minutes)
- Stir in corn(s), 1/2 cup of milk and salt and pepper. With the other 1/2 cup of milk, whisk the flour in the milk until it is smooth and add it in the pot.
- Return to a boil and cook for 2- 3 minutes until the soup thickens.