Keeper Project Recipe: Dark Chocolate Fudge
These Keeper Project Recipes are for our kids, but it is also for us because we change recipes, make them once a year, forget about them and then wonder where we got the original recipe from.
Big Spazz makes these for his gift trays and always pairs it with the peanut butter fudge
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 - 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup unsalted cashews (see note), coarse chopped
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Course sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Over low heat, in a double boiler or pot with boiling water turned to a simmer and a pyrex bowl that sits on the pot without touching the water, melt the chips in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the nuts and vanilla.
- Spread evenly into an aluminum foil lined 8x8 or 9x9 pan.
- Sprinkls some sea salt on top.
- Chill and pop out of pan.
- Peel off foil and cut into 1" squares.
You may use other nuts like walnuts
We like to put our nitrile gloves on and put the fudge pieces in a mini muffin paper liner. We can usually fit about 18 pieces of fudge in a bento box.