Keeper Recipe: Peanut Butter Fudge
These are like a million gazillion calories per piece, but try and eat just one.
8 oz. unsalted butter, plus more for greasing pan
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 lb. powdered sugar
- Combine the butter and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes.
- Add the vanilla and powdered sugar to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine with a wooden spoon.
- The mixture will become hard to stir and lose its sheen. That's good.
- Spread into a buttered 8" x 8" pan lined with parchment paper.
- Fold the excess parchment paper so it covers the surface of the fudge.
- Refrigerate until cool (about 2 hours).
- Cut into 1" pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.