Amped Up Lemon Box Cake


My husband is a hoarder. He hoards paper, broken things and food. Now that I am only home once a month, I wait until he goes to work or like this weekend, he goes camping and then I raid the cabinets or freezers to purge expired food.

This afternoon I found an expired box of lemon box cake so I amped it up by adding lemon pudding and sour cream. It's not pretty. The cake was a little dense, my mother in law's oven runs too hot and the cake got a little burned, but the taste is good and a sprinkling of powdered sugar makes it passable for mid week dessert. I sliced them, wrapped them in Saran and foil and froze it for hubby to take for breakfast with a yogurt instead of his Pop Tart that he has stashed in his office.

Ingredients:

  • 1 box lemon cake
  • 1 package instant lemon pudding
  • 1 c. sour cream
  • 1 c. vegetable or canola oil
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
Directions:

Mix and bake according to package directions. 

Comments

Popular Posts