Instant Pot Mississippi Roast

Yes, even with a good iPhone, I take terrible pictures in bad lighting. But it is what it is and the taste is good. I have a slow cooker version that we use, but I like this IP version too

Ingredients

  • 3 lb. pot roast (my piece was thick so I cut it I sliced it in half to make a long piece.
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 6 peperoncinis
  • 5 -6 potatoes, quarterd
  • 5 carrots, cut
  • 3/4 cup beef broth
  • 1/4 cup juice from peperoncinis
  • 2 T powdered Ranch mix
  • 1 au jus gravy mix packet
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • Salt and pepper
Instructions
  1. Turn IP on saute and add oil
  2. Salt and pepper roast on both sides and sear a couple minutes on each side
  3. Turn off saute, add potatoes and carrots on meat.
  4. Add ranch dressing, au jus, peperoncinis
  5. Add beef broth, peperoncini juice and top with butter
  6. Close and lock lid and cook on "Manual" for 80 minutes
  7. Quick release
  8. If you want to make gravy, remove meat and vegetables and saute juice with a whisked "gravy" of 3 T corn starch and 3 T water. Whisk and done.

Comments

Popular Posts