Roasted Chickpea croutons

I am a horrible phone photographer, but this blog is so I can find my recipes that I like again,  not so I can be a better food photographer.

This is a keeper project recipe when I am looking for crispy, crunchy, nutty textures in my salad, especially because I don't like croutons so this is what I use instead.

Ingredients:

  • 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and washed
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1/2 - 3/4 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
  • 1/2 tsp. sea salt

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375° F
  2. Spread the chickpeas (it can be a little wet, but if the skin comes off, I discarded it) in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Shake them every so often.
  3. Put hot chickpeas in a bowl and add the seasonings and oil. Stir well and return to the baking sheet.
  4. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes until they are golden and crispy. Let them cool a little and put in a container. Top on salads or just snack on them. If I am using them for salad that night, I do not cover the container as it will soften them. 

Comments

Popular Posts