Oil-free dressings of the week


I am trying some of the recipes from Healthy Girl's Big List of No-oil Salad Dressings. One has potential, but for the other one I cannot figure out what I am going to do with it yet.

Balsamic Vinaigrette is adapted from "Chef AJ's Husband's Favorite No-Oil Balsamic Vinaigrette"

1 c balsamic vinegar
4 T nutritional yeast
3 T low sodium soy sauce
3 T Hawaiian lehua honey (or date syrup or maple syrup)
1 T Dijon mustard (Big Spazz made his own mustard with mustard seeds and beer)
1/2 tsp chia seeds

Put in a blender. We like the vinegar shoyu honey combo probably because we're Asian so it suits our palette.

Cashew raisin is the Cashew Currant recipe here. Maybe the problem is that my almond milk from Costco is the unsweetened vanilla so it has a little after taste. Not sure. I will probably try this with some plain veggies steamed with this as dipping sauce, but the sweetness may throw it off. 

I tried this with a red bell pepper and the sweetness made the bell pepper taste salty. Weird.


Comments

Popular Posts