Basil Vinaigrette

I send Big Spazz off to work with a salad that looks like this and then jazz it up with a new oil free dressing or some "fat" just to keep it lively. It's a way for me to keep notes on what he likes and doesn't like. After 26 years of marriage, we're still learning.

He does not like avocado in his salads as the "fat" although he does like pesto, curry pea edamame salad and his homemade pastrami (haha).

The togarashi dressing I made the other day is a little too spicy. It actually gets spicier the longer it sits in the refrig until by day 5 it was much too spicy for my taste buds.

I adjusted a recipe for a raisin balsamic vinaigrette and took advantage of the extra basil I had after making this week's pesto. The handfuls of basil makes the dressing look like green goop or a pesto shake, but I like it.

1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup white wine vinegar (the original recipe calls for 1/2 a cup of white balsamic vinegar but I ran out of my white balsamic)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup raisins
1 large clove garlic
3 fists of basil leaves chopped up
3 tsp fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried
1 T lemon juice
2 tsp Chia seeds
1 tsp miso

Put it in a Vitamix or other high speed blender and whir it up.
I will try this again with 1 T of dijon or 1 tsp of tahini next time.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts