I use these on the dutch baby rather than just the squirt of lemon, but what else can I use it for?
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 c. lemon juice (the 2 lemons gave me enough juice)
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- Get the water in a pot or bottom of a double boiler simmering. If using a pot, make sure the bowl you use does not sit in the water.
- In top of a double boiler or heatproof bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, sugar and eggs.
- Add butter and set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Cook misture, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve into a jar or other airtight container.
- Close and chill until ready to use.
The lemon curd in the refrigerator will last up to 2 weeks.