Hawaiian Pineapple Delight Cake
I made a Hawaiian style hamburger curry stew for Sunday dinner so I wanted to do some other nostalgic dessert. I tried this Hawaiian Delight cake from HECO and it was a hit! My brother, who is not a dessert person ended up taking pieces home.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (read the back of the box to ensure you have enough eggs)
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained, reserving liquid
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 c. cold milk
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen Cool Whip
- 1/2 c. toasted macadamia nuts (chop up after toasting)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 13x9x2" pan and prepare cake mix according to box directions, BUT replace water with the drained pineapple syrup and add water to make up the difference if you are short on syrup.
- Bake the pie according to the box times, let cool.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, mix cream cheese and pudding.
- Gradually add in cold milk; beet until mixture is smooth and thick.
- Fold in the pineapple.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spread topping over cooled cake.
- Sprinkle top with toasted mac nuts and chill in the refrigerator before serving.