Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie
This is recipe number 2 in my Instant Pot. The Instant Pot is my first electric pressure cooker multiple cook type pot that just looks like a heavier rice cooker. The two housemates boy#2 and girl#2 liked it a lot, so yes, keeper. What I really like about this recipe is it starts with frozen chicken breast, whole from the package.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream (or milk)
- 2 T. flour
- 1 container refrigerated biscuits
- Put your frozen chicken breasts, chopped onion, salt and pepper and chicken broth in the Instant Pot on the "soup" setting and set timer for 30 minutes.
- Once it is done, use the quick release to release the steam. Be careful to open the cover away from you so you do not get scalded.
- Remove the chicken breast and allow to cool. The texture is so soft and juicy we were eating pieces right out of the broth. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and return to the pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting so that the broth starts boiling. Put in the bag of veggies and let it boil again.
- In a separate bowl, mix the heavy cream with the flour and pour it into the pot to allow it to thicken.
- Put your biscuits in the oven and bake according to directions on the canister
- Keep the soup warm until the biscuits are ready and serve.