Keeper Project: Hawaiian Coleslaw


This sweet coleslaw is used with our crockpot barbeque pork sliders, King's bakery sweetbread rolls and gouda cheese. I also serve this as a side for chili dogs. Keep in mind that it has to "miko" or marinate for about 2 hours in the refrigerator.

Feel free to use coleslaw mix, add shredded carrots or just use cabbage. I only had cabbage so that's what I used. I also halved this recipe since there were just three of us.

Ingredients:

  • 5 cups shredded cabbage 
  • 16-20 oz can sliced or cubed pineapple, drained
  • 1/2 c. half-and-half cream
  • 1 c. mayonnaise
  • 1/4 c. sugar
  • 3 T. vinegar (I usually use apple vinegar, but whatever you have)
  • salt and pepper to taste


Directions:

  1. Cut drained pineapple into small chunks (do not use crushed pineapple it is too gooey) and mix with slaw. 
  2. In a separate bowl, mix the dressing and whisk until the sugar is melted. Taste before adding to the slaw mix.
  3. Pour dressing over the slaw mix and store in a covered container in the refrigerator. I just put everything in a Ziploc so I can massage it and push the air out.

Comments

Popular Posts