Instant Pot Shoyu Chicken


Ingredients:
  • 1 tray (about 4.5 lbs) chicken drumsticks patted dry
  • 3/4 c shoyu
  • 3/4 c packed brown sugar
  • 2 T oyster sauce
  • 4 T sake
  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 thumb ginger, peeled, smashed
  • Green onion for garnish
Directions:
  1. Layer drumsticks in the Instant Pot
  2. Mix the sauce ingredients and pour over the chicken
  3. Set the IP on manual 12 minutes with natural release or wait about 5 minutes and quick release


I have a regular shoyu chicken that I make over the stove but I wanted to try it in the Instant Pot too. I didn't see any online with the addition of sake and oyster sauce but I like to use these two ingredients because it is a way to use what is in the pantry. They are not significant additions, but I wanted to see how it went anyway.  Like wine, I only use sake I would drink. 

The result was really 'ono. When I cook it on the stove, I get more liquid and maybe this recipe didn't quite have enough liquid because it did not cover the chicken, however, a quick stir after the pressure is released and all the pieces were nice and juicy and coated with sauce. The sauce was interesting because I upped the brown sugar and it got more caramelized or gelatinous. No cornstarch needed. What I could not do with this version is create enough shiru or sauce to serve over udon. Make fried rice with lup cheong instead.





Comments

  1. This much informative article I didn't read Anywhere thanks for sharing such a good article.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts