3 minute IP salmon


This is not pretty, it's not hard, but as Oʻahu waits for the deluge of rain to come that is Hurricane Lane, I am on prep mode. Other people are boarding up windows, rushing to get water. I live in an apartment that we rent from the University so I really cannot do much but close the windows. The other thing about living in an apartment is that I have a small freezer so this salmon was just sitting in the refrigerator waiting to be cooked (for days).

So here is my could not be simpler, 3 minute IP salmon.

Salmon fillet (fresh or frozen) about a pound but whatever fits on your Instant Pot trivet.

Salt and pepper salmon, I squirted a little bit of olive oil.

1 cup of water in the liner of the Instant pot. Put the trivet in, lay the salmon as flat as possible on the trivet, manual 3 minutes, quick release as soon as it dings that it is done cooking.

I am letting it cool down because we sprinkle this on rice, hot tea and furikake. If the electricity goes out, these can be eaten cold and I am going to make some salted rice balls.

Comments

Popular Posts