Lemon dill vinaigrette



I was getting tired of the store bought salad dressings. They just do not pop so I had some frozen dill and we came back from Costco with lemons so made this vinaigrette.

**Note: It is a little too salty, so I put the original salt amount, but because we use the fine ground sea salt, I will lessen it the next time I make this.

The dressing hits you in the face with sour, mustardy punch. But then Big Spazz and I looked at each other and we both said, "we like it!" This is best for a mix of heartier greens - kale, romaine, with some added bitter greens like arugula. I added some black beans and sweet potato chunks to the salad too so the dressing had some surface area to cling to. A little goes a long way.

Ingredients:

Whisk the following in a bowl:
3 T lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
3 T dijon
1 tsp. honey
1 med. clove garlic, finely minced
1/2 tsp. salt (see note above)
1/8 tsp. pepper

Slowly whisk in:
1/2 c mild oil

Once you get the emulsion (the oil thickens dressing and it gets glossy)
Add in 
2 T. finely chopped dill

**I froze the dill in larger stem pieces (see prep picture above) and when I take it out of the freezer, it is like seaweed in texture, but once I chop it, the lovely smell comes out so I guess this works. 

Comments

Popular Posts