Wiki White Bean Soup

Even in Hawaii, we've been leaving and coming home in the dark, so I'm always looking for fast meals to whip up for dinner. This one gets its heartiness from the cannellini beans and the creaminess from taking some of the soup and beans and putting it in the Vitamix. I used some parmesan because we're not on a 6-week challenge right now, but when we are, I can just replace the parmesan with vegan parmesan. I promise with the parmesan  it tastes like French onion soup without the fat and salt.


Ingredients:
2 scallions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 t. dried oregano
2 cans (14 1/2 oz.) + 2 cups vegetable broth (I used 2 cups of water with 2 of my veggie bouillon)
2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
juice of 1 lemon
coarse salt and ground pepper (optional, I didn't use the salt)
1/2 a bag of spinach
basil for garnish, chiffonade
parmesan cheese for garnish

Directions
Water saute scallions, garlic and oregano until the scallions are soft.
Stir in broth, and beans; cook until heated through. Put about 2 cups of broth and beans into a blender, mix and put it back in the pot. Stir in lemon juice and spinach until it wilts. Before serving, sprinkle with parmesan. 15 minutes and dinner is on the table.



Comments

Popular Posts