Linguini with Rainbow Chard and White Beans

Despite my major date sugar making failure (maybe more on that later after I get over my irritation), I was able to modify a recipe that will go into our roundup of recipes AND I was able to use the rainbow chard that my friend Liana grew AND I was able to find the cannellini beans on sale at KTA. Tasty, and cheap. My favorite combination.

Rainbow chard is nice stir fried but it's really nice with pasta, cannellini beans and some leftover grape tomatoes I had that we were tired of eating in our salads.

While the pasta is cooking, chop up the rainbow chard  and put the tops and the the tougher stems in separate bowls.

Rinse and drain a can of cannellini beans and quarter a cup of grape or cherry tomatoes. Chop up two cloves of garlic. 

Dry saute the garlic, add the tomatoes and stir fry until the tomatoes start to release its liquid. 
Add the rainbow chard stems, some herbs like basil, parsley, oregano and a little bit of salt. Cook until the stems soften and add the greens and the beans.
I put in about 1/4 tsp. of red pepper flakes and stir everything until the leaves soften like wilted spinach.

Add the pasta and top with fake parmesan (raw almonds and nutritional yeast ground together into a parmesan like consistency).


Enjoy!

Note: Optional add ons at the end:

  • capers to taste
  • half a lemon
  • some pasta water if it is too dry

Comments

Popular Posts