Palate-Pleasing Pear Oatmeal

My group of 8th graders are working on an alliteration lesson and will create a book with the 4th graders on Moloka'i, so I have alliteration on my brain.

Anyway, this morning's oatmeal was extra yummy so just wanted to share the simplicity and yummy goodness of palate pleasing pears

I cut up

  • one pear 
  • a couple of dates 
  • a frozen banana

Meanwhile, I was bringing to a boil

  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 cup of non-dairy milk (plain soy is our milk of choice because you can buy a case at Costco)
When the liquids start to boil, add

  • cut up fruits
  • 2/3 cup of Coach's Oats
Toasted a few walnuts on the side, lowered heat to let the cereal simmer for 5 minutes. When it was done I added

  • dash of cinnamon
  • dash of nutmeg

Yum!

Comments

Popular Posts