Simple Green Smoothies


I think I have so many breakfast posts because breakfast is fail proof. We do the whole oatmeal one day and smoothie another day routine - every week day, for weeks on end, amen.

Does it matter what goes into the smoothie? Nope. Foolproof formula - 2-3 large handfuls of greens (whatever you have - kale, spinach, mixed greens, cucumber. . .); one frozen banana chopped, a couple of dates, other fruits, about 1 1/2 cups of non dairy milk, about 5 ice cubes if my fruits are not frozen. Grind then slurp. 

I used leftover fruit salad so it had papaya, strawberries, grapes, tangerine juice, fresh coconut, melons. I added a tsp of flax seed for omega 3.

Sometimes the smoothies come out more brownish than green - it depends what you put in it, but it still tastes good. The dates tend to make it darker. There's enough for two servings in large travel mugs.

Some people freeze extras, but I make only enough to drink that day because I don't like when it starts separating or foaming on the top if it sits too long. Have an apple or celery or carrot sticks on the side because it's good to chew something when you're "eating." I forget why, but I read that somewhere.


Comments

  1. i started drinking smoothies a week ago. My skin improved after 2 days! Everyone should drink them, I feel like a have more energie than ever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts