Pumpkin Pie Spice Oatmeal


I have a love affair with these Coach's Oats from Costco. It just fills me up and I'm not starving before lunch. Plus, I get to use my homemade pumpkin pie spice.


Ingredients: serves 3 or very hungry 2
1 cup non-dairy milk (soy, almond, rice - unsweetened, plain)
1 cup water
2/3 cup Coach's Oats
3-4 dates, pitted and chopped (gauge your sweet tooth)
1-2 frozen bananas, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup 100% pure pumpkin (1 regular sized can lasts for about 3 recipes)
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
3 pecans, toasted (optional)

How to: 
In a small saucepan, bring the water and soy milk mixture to a boil. I add the dates at this time too if it's a little dry. Add the oats (and dates, bananas if using), reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, toast nuts. Remove oatmeal from heat and allow it to sit for a minute. Stir in the pumpkin and spice. Yum!

Comments

Popular Posts