Pork and Broccoli Slaw Lettuce Cups


I only had a few days to really do some research on the paleo diet, so I will need to borrow some recipes from some of the blogs I saw and just adjust to what I already had. It has to be better than our lentil fail from our first Eat to Live dinner.

Pork and Broccoli Slaw Lettuce Cups 

modified from NomNom Paleo
The ingredients:
1 lb. meat (ground beef, etc.) - I used stir-fry pork strips
shiitake mushrooms (I used a hand full) - softened in warm water, squeezed out and slivered
1 Maui onion, diced
2-3 slices of bacon, diced for the oil in pan
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small bag of broccoli slaw (about 3-4 cups)
2-3 stalks green onion
cilantro, coarsely chopped
1-2 T fish sauce
1-2 T cider vinegar
1-2 T coconut aminos ( I don't have this, so maybe Braggs amino until I find it)
Hawaiian salt
fresh black pepper

Stir fry the bacon to create grease, then put in the pork seasoned with some Hawaiian salt. When the pork is almost cooked, add the onions, shiitake, garlic


When the onion is translucent, add the seasoning. They should be equal, so start with 1 tablespoon each and taste, adjust.


Add the broccoli slaw until it's slightly soft, add green onions, black pepper, and take it off of the heat and clean the lettuce for the cups.


Made some pan choy with garlic and sesame oil.


Use any lettuce. We used red leaf lettuce.


Hereʻs the finished pork slaw.


Comments

Popular Posts