Treading Water "Fast Food" Mondays: Veggie Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries

Mondays are hectic days for us. Besides the fact that it's Monday, we also have baseball and boy scouts before Pono and Big Spazz stagger home at about 8:30. That leaves dinner on me, and like I said, Monday. Ugh. I finally figured out in this whole plan ahead scheme that I can't make anything complicated for Monday dinner because all I want to do when I get home is collapse.

Mondays in this household are now officially Tread Water "Fast Food" Mondays. If I can't make it in half an hour, dinner will be a fail because no one wants to eat at 9:30.

Our staples:
Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers from Costco (it comes in a box of 16 so it lasts us one month)
Alexia Sweet Potato julienned fries also from Costco
Oroweat Sandwich Thins


Possible add ons for the veggie burgers:
leftover guacamole
roasted garlic and vegannaise dipping sauce for fries
Manoa lettuce
raw onion
salsa
dijon mustard

and Kimi's curry pea salad (tomorrow's post)

We live to tread through another Monday :) (but if someone is going to Costco this weekend, can we get more Praeger's and fries?)

Comments

Popular Posts